Friday, January 28, 2011

Gifts From Afar

It’s kind of strange to receive gifts for someone who can’t open them yet. I’m of course speaking about our baby registry, and the items that we’ve registered for. Since the big move is in July, Paul and I have opted out of purchasing big pieces (unless necessary for life to function) until after we arrive in our new home. The necessity pieces, however, keep coming in – yesterday, two big packages came in the mail, and I opened them. Is it weird to get excited about presents that aren’t even for you? I talked to Bean about his gifts, and how cool they were – he responded by kicking me in the ribs, a nice way to express delight over a gift, I’m sure. I also think that by the time we move, his stuff will probably dominate over ours in number and volume, even though we tried to play it safe. If nothing else, he’s a blessed kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday, January 28, 2011

Gifts From Afar

It’s kind of strange to receive gifts for someone who can’t open them yet. I’m of course speaking about our baby registry, and the items that we’ve registered for. Since the big move is in July, Paul and I have opted out of purchasing big pieces (unless necessary for life to function) until after we arrive in our new home. The necessity pieces, however, keep coming in – yesterday, two big packages came in the mail, and I opened them. Is it weird to get excited about presents that aren’t even for you? I talked to Bean about his gifts, and how cool they were – he responded by kicking me in the ribs, a nice way to express delight over a gift, I’m sure. I also think that by the time we move, his stuff will probably dominate over ours in number and volume, even though we tried to play it safe. If nothing else, he’s a blessed kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment