I feel guilty when I am not holding my child. I have this nagging feeling that I am always supposed to be engaging him cognitively if he's awake. But the thing is, Bean likes his bouncy chair a lot, sometimes more than being held by me. He's been in it for at least 20 minutes, and he's still amused with the toys hanging in front of him. He's not crying, he's not fussy. So why do I feel so guilty just letting him play in his bouncer, as I sit 5 feet away from him?
I feel so guilty that I actually turned on Pandora and put it on the Raffi station: you know, so I could say that I was "enriching" my child's playing experience with stimulating, age-appropriate music.
Does this look like a tortured, unenriched child to you?
(God, please let the mommy guilt lessen as time goes by...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Mommy Guilt
I feel guilty when I am not holding my child. I have this nagging feeling that I am always supposed to be engaging him cognitively if he's awake. But the thing is, Bean likes his bouncy chair a lot, sometimes more than being held by me. He's been in it for at least 20 minutes, and he's still amused with the toys hanging in front of him. He's not crying, he's not fussy. So why do I feel so guilty just letting him play in his bouncer, as I sit 5 feet away from him?
I feel so guilty that I actually turned on Pandora and put it on the Raffi station: you know, so I could say that I was "enriching" my child's playing experience with stimulating, age-appropriate music.
Does this look like a tortured, unenriched child to you?
(God, please let the mommy guilt lessen as time goes by...)
I feel so guilty that I actually turned on Pandora and put it on the Raffi station: you know, so I could say that I was "enriching" my child's playing experience with stimulating, age-appropriate music.
Does this look like a tortured, unenriched child to you?
(God, please let the mommy guilt lessen as time goes by...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment