Friday, November 18, 2011

More Smatterings of Gray Matter

MY BETTER HALF
Paul recently had to do a blood draw for his new position, and tested positive for... opiates.
Guess who consumed an everything bagel, complete with ("Wait wait, don't tell us.") poppy seeds on it, the morning of the test? Yep, that guy. At least my husband isn't an opium addict, right?

ME MYSELF AND I
The longer I am a stay-at-home Mom, the less I want to do normal things, like wear pants around the house. Who needs pants?

I clearly need to hurry and get my library card. After reading 2 books in 48 hours, I remember how much I have missed reading for pleasure.

WITH CHILD
Bean is going through a wee bit of *ahem* separation anxiety. Which, considering, is funny because I never separate from him. Ever. I can't even be in the same room with him and set him down without hearing him screech, all the while reaching his sad little hand towards me. "Pick me up, wahhhhh! I sense abandonment!"

TELEVISION
I have recently discovered "The Sing Off," and have informed my husband that I want to be a professional a-capella singer when I grow up. Guys, it's like show choir, for adults. With costumes, and *good* makeup choices. Is no one else totally thrilled about this?
Also, "Property Brothers." A great show, and they are very clearly talented, so why do all the clients they videotape seem completely entitled and grumpy? You just got a house, with everything you want, for what you can afford. Why are you angry?

FUNNY HA HA
A small child, spinning in circles, and making up a song where the sole lyric choice is "Douchebag" isn't supposed to be funny, and yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday, November 18, 2011

More Smatterings of Gray Matter

MY BETTER HALF
Paul recently had to do a blood draw for his new position, and tested positive for... opiates.
Guess who consumed an everything bagel, complete with ("Wait wait, don't tell us.") poppy seeds on it, the morning of the test? Yep, that guy. At least my husband isn't an opium addict, right?

ME MYSELF AND I
The longer I am a stay-at-home Mom, the less I want to do normal things, like wear pants around the house. Who needs pants?

I clearly need to hurry and get my library card. After reading 2 books in 48 hours, I remember how much I have missed reading for pleasure.

WITH CHILD
Bean is going through a wee bit of *ahem* separation anxiety. Which, considering, is funny because I never separate from him. Ever. I can't even be in the same room with him and set him down without hearing him screech, all the while reaching his sad little hand towards me. "Pick me up, wahhhhh! I sense abandonment!"

TELEVISION
I have recently discovered "The Sing Off," and have informed my husband that I want to be a professional a-capella singer when I grow up. Guys, it's like show choir, for adults. With costumes, and *good* makeup choices. Is no one else totally thrilled about this?
Also, "Property Brothers." A great show, and they are very clearly talented, so why do all the clients they videotape seem completely entitled and grumpy? You just got a house, with everything you want, for what you can afford. Why are you angry?

FUNNY HA HA
A small child, spinning in circles, and making up a song where the sole lyric choice is "Douchebag" isn't supposed to be funny, and yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment