Last night was rough - Bean woke up twice. Normally, 2x a night wouldn't be such a big deal, but 1) I stayed up way too late reading the final novel of "The Hunger Games," and 2) he cried all day yesterday. We're not really sure if it's teething pain, or an incognito ear infection, but whatever it is, it makes him scream. Yesterday consisted of giving pain killer every 3 hours (rotation of Motrin/Acetaminophen), and dealing with his outrage that the pain had returned. My day thus far has consisted of dealing with the lack of sleep/fallout from yesterday. He is super whiny and doesn't like much of anything today. I feel like a jerk, but I finally did some tough love and put him in his crib, declaring, "You *will* take a nap. It is not optional." I patted him through the tears until he was relatively calm, and walked out. And... I muted the baby monitor. He fell asleep, and I am anxiously watching the clock, praying he will sleep for at least a full hour this time. (Yesterday, it was about 20 minutes. That is not a real nap.)
I love my son, but it's so hard when he won't sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Pass the Coffee
Last night was rough - Bean woke up twice. Normally, 2x a night wouldn't be such a big deal, but 1) I stayed up way too late reading the final novel of "The Hunger Games," and 2) he cried all day yesterday. We're not really sure if it's teething pain, or an incognito ear infection, but whatever it is, it makes him scream. Yesterday consisted of giving pain killer every 3 hours (rotation of Motrin/Acetaminophen), and dealing with his outrage that the pain had returned. My day thus far has consisted of dealing with the lack of sleep/fallout from yesterday. He is super whiny and doesn't like much of anything today. I feel like a jerk, but I finally did some tough love and put him in his crib, declaring, "You *will* take a nap. It is not optional." I patted him through the tears until he was relatively calm, and walked out. And... I muted the baby monitor. He fell asleep, and I am anxiously watching the clock, praying he will sleep for at least a full hour this time. (Yesterday, it was about 20 minutes. That is not a real nap.)
I love my son, but it's so hard when he won't sleep.
I love my son, but it's so hard when he won't sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment