A few things have been happening around our house, lately.
First, the visit to Los Angeles was a success - our Bean did a fantastic job on the flights (as well as the layovers: thank goodness for mechanical walkways in the DNV terminals), and we enjoyed seeing family and friends.
Second, in the past two months, I have built on/upcycled a children's playhouse, turned it into a chicken coop, and acquired 3 hens. One started laying the day we brought her home: another started laying on Sunday. Paul teases me about having farm chores, but it doesn't feel like that at all. Our hens enjoy free range of the entire side yard, yummy vegetable/fruit trimmings from cooking, and lots of weeds, grass, and bugs. The only real chore is "poop coop" on a daily basis, just so I don't get any sick birds, and that takes very little time.
Third, Halloween with a toddler is surprisingly enjoyable. I can't believe I'm writing this, (considering that even on a good day, a toddler is simply a bi-polar person with a Napoleon complex), but it's true. We took Bean to his first Fall Festival, dressed as a scarecrow, and he had a great time playing games, eating fall-themed food, and seeing all the other little kids.
Fourth, my good friend is coming this weekend for a visit. I haven't seen her since my baby was 2 months old, and I can't wait for them to hang out and get to know each other better. We are very fortunate to live so close to air travel options that are affordable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Catch Up
A few things have been happening around our house, lately.
First, the visit to Los Angeles was a success - our Bean did a fantastic job on the flights (as well as the layovers: thank goodness for mechanical walkways in the DNV terminals), and we enjoyed seeing family and friends.
Second, in the past two months, I have built on/upcycled a children's playhouse, turned it into a chicken coop, and acquired 3 hens. One started laying the day we brought her home: another started laying on Sunday. Paul teases me about having farm chores, but it doesn't feel like that at all. Our hens enjoy free range of the entire side yard, yummy vegetable/fruit trimmings from cooking, and lots of weeds, grass, and bugs. The only real chore is "poop coop" on a daily basis, just so I don't get any sick birds, and that takes very little time.
Third, Halloween with a toddler is surprisingly enjoyable. I can't believe I'm writing this, (considering that even on a good day, a toddler is simply a bi-polar person with a Napoleon complex), but it's true. We took Bean to his first Fall Festival, dressed as a scarecrow, and he had a great time playing games, eating fall-themed food, and seeing all the other little kids.
Fourth, my good friend is coming this weekend for a visit. I haven't seen her since my baby was 2 months old, and I can't wait for them to hang out and get to know each other better. We are very fortunate to live so close to air travel options that are affordable!
First, the visit to Los Angeles was a success - our Bean did a fantastic job on the flights (as well as the layovers: thank goodness for mechanical walkways in the DNV terminals), and we enjoyed seeing family and friends.
Second, in the past two months, I have built on/upcycled a children's playhouse, turned it into a chicken coop, and acquired 3 hens. One started laying the day we brought her home: another started laying on Sunday. Paul teases me about having farm chores, but it doesn't feel like that at all. Our hens enjoy free range of the entire side yard, yummy vegetable/fruit trimmings from cooking, and lots of weeds, grass, and bugs. The only real chore is "poop coop" on a daily basis, just so I don't get any sick birds, and that takes very little time.
Third, Halloween with a toddler is surprisingly enjoyable. I can't believe I'm writing this, (considering that even on a good day, a toddler is simply a bi-polar person with a Napoleon complex), but it's true. We took Bean to his first Fall Festival, dressed as a scarecrow, and he had a great time playing games, eating fall-themed food, and seeing all the other little kids.
Fourth, my good friend is coming this weekend for a visit. I haven't seen her since my baby was 2 months old, and I can't wait for them to hang out and get to know each other better. We are very fortunate to live so close to air travel options that are affordable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment