Sunday, February 20, 2011

Detritis

This is going to be a massive post, so I'm splitting it into "categories."

Moving/"The Job"
After 8 days in another state looking for "the job," feelings are overall good about moving forward into the next stage of our lives. Paul has several 2nd interviews that are going to be compensated by the interviewers, and we could not be happier. He seems to really like the possibilities. I am very excited to be closer to family/friends. I keep thinking about where we will be living and what we will be living in, but I know it will be good. We keep asking God to show us where he wants us to be.

My Dogs
After being at "Grandma's" up north during our absence, both Oz and Titus are settling back into our house routine. Titus, like a teenager, decided to sulk for about 3 days - Paul thinks it's because there were several hot girls that turned him down. ;) We're currently dealing with his self-esteem, post-rejection. He's acting more like himself now, but he's definitely entering a new phase. Oz is now sleeping 5-6 hours in a stretch, which means less back and forth time for potty breaks. I get more sleep, and potty training is moving right along. The goal is to have him sleeping through the night and crate trained by the time Bean arrives. His mask is no longer looking like spectacles: instead, we have the heavily drawn-on eyebrow look. Oz still crows like a rooster with laryngitis every morning.

Pregnancy
34 weeks this Thursday! Where did the time go?! I have most of my diaper stash here, but I have yet to prep the diapers/clothing/etc. I feel like a baby dummy sometimes - do I take all the tags off and wash them? Do I wash once he gets here so I know what he'll actually be wearing? *facepalm*
We had maternity pictures taken while on our trip, and they turned out great :) (Thanks, Marissa!)
Our baby shower was such an outpouring of love - the generosity was overwhelming, and we had to use a carry-on bag (a big one!) just to haul back the newborn-6 months items. Everything else is being held at my parent's house until the move. At this point, Paul and I are enjoying these last few weeks - talking to Bean, discussing names (still no name!) and praying that God continues to protect and bless our son.

School
On Tuesday, I start my 7 week condensed anatomy course. Hopefully Bean stays put until at least his due date, because that's how long class will be. I have special permission to take the final early/later, depending on what happens. I'm pretty excited to learn more, though. I actually love school. *nerdface*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Detritis

This is going to be a massive post, so I'm splitting it into "categories."

Moving/"The Job"
After 8 days in another state looking for "the job," feelings are overall good about moving forward into the next stage of our lives. Paul has several 2nd interviews that are going to be compensated by the interviewers, and we could not be happier. He seems to really like the possibilities. I am very excited to be closer to family/friends. I keep thinking about where we will be living and what we will be living in, but I know it will be good. We keep asking God to show us where he wants us to be.

My Dogs
After being at "Grandma's" up north during our absence, both Oz and Titus are settling back into our house routine. Titus, like a teenager, decided to sulk for about 3 days - Paul thinks it's because there were several hot girls that turned him down. ;) We're currently dealing with his self-esteem, post-rejection. He's acting more like himself now, but he's definitely entering a new phase. Oz is now sleeping 5-6 hours in a stretch, which means less back and forth time for potty breaks. I get more sleep, and potty training is moving right along. The goal is to have him sleeping through the night and crate trained by the time Bean arrives. His mask is no longer looking like spectacles: instead, we have the heavily drawn-on eyebrow look. Oz still crows like a rooster with laryngitis every morning.

Pregnancy
34 weeks this Thursday! Where did the time go?! I have most of my diaper stash here, but I have yet to prep the diapers/clothing/etc. I feel like a baby dummy sometimes - do I take all the tags off and wash them? Do I wash once he gets here so I know what he'll actually be wearing? *facepalm*
We had maternity pictures taken while on our trip, and they turned out great :) (Thanks, Marissa!)
Our baby shower was such an outpouring of love - the generosity was overwhelming, and we had to use a carry-on bag (a big one!) just to haul back the newborn-6 months items. Everything else is being held at my parent's house until the move. At this point, Paul and I are enjoying these last few weeks - talking to Bean, discussing names (still no name!) and praying that God continues to protect and bless our son.

School
On Tuesday, I start my 7 week condensed anatomy course. Hopefully Bean stays put until at least his due date, because that's how long class will be. I have special permission to take the final early/later, depending on what happens. I'm pretty excited to learn more, though. I actually love school. *nerdface*

No comments:

Post a Comment