![]() |
| A Germ/Virus' Worst Nightmare. |
Paul, sick for 12 days with some sort of crud/cold, brought home... the flu. Didn't even get over the cold, and brings home something else. I called my mom to share the news --
Glamma: "He has the flu?"
Me: "Uh huh."
Glamma: "IN JUNE?! Isn't flu season over?"
Me: "Nope."
Glamma: "...well, that's rotten."
My son still has a cold/pathetic cough that sounds like bronchitis (it's not) - people assume that I am unaware that he is sick, because surely I wouldn't have such a young baby out and about with me when he's sick, would I? Oh, you bet I would, because hey, I have to do things like pick up Puffs Plus with lotion and some Tamiflu.
Last night went a little something like this:
Bean: "Feed me! Now! Starving!" *hack hack hack* "Wahhh! Why am I coughing?!"
Paul: *cough cough cough spit hack ... cough cough choke SNEEZE spit*
Me: *blink* (I can't believe I'm awake. I can't believe I'm awake.)
Today, I am wife/mommy/sick nurse. I may have thrown up a few more prayers this morning, asking God to help me help my family. I'm counting on not coming down with all this - if I do, we're so up a creek without a paddle.
End scene.

No comments:
Post a Comment