Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why We Should All Just Run Around Naked Anyway...

We went clothes shopping for me yesterday: it was a little challenging. I hate shopping so much, even BC (before child), I've never liked it. There's too many choices and all the taking it off, putting it on, taking it off, putting it on, drives me crazy. Maybe this calls my femininity into question, but really, I don't like it.
Also, the dimly lit box you go into to try things on, the weird mirrors, some salesperson hovering outside, beckoning you to "come out and show us already?" What if I'm already trying to give myself a pep-talk, looking into the mirror, narrowly avoiding an anxiety attack and tears? (That's a whole other issue, and I'm well aware that it's not natural, but I have ALWAYS been this way, as far back as I can remember, about shopping. Damn. I'm working on it.)

My last pair of jeans was purchased in 2007, and now they kinda sorta fit, and are on their last leg (haha!) so I didn't have a choice. It does get cold here, and I had to go sooner rather than later.
I wound up with 2 pairs, 2 stores later, but I wonder if I can pull them off. They are very different from each other: one is a safe pair, the other has more flair than I'm used to. And guess what? My safety jean style doesn't work on my body anymore. Believe me, I tried. Again, damn.

So, fashion world, is there such a category for me? I'm not ready to commit to Mom jeans, even though I am a Mom. At the same time, I'm not in denial, shopping in the junior section, wearing something bedazzled or whatever. I'm not a Mom of 4, driving a mini-van to soccer practice, and I'm not a college co-ed. I'm something else. Where is THAT section in the store? Who makes those clothes?
Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why We Should All Just Run Around Naked Anyway...

We went clothes shopping for me yesterday: it was a little challenging. I hate shopping so much, even BC (before child), I've never liked it. There's too many choices and all the taking it off, putting it on, taking it off, putting it on, drives me crazy. Maybe this calls my femininity into question, but really, I don't like it.
Also, the dimly lit box you go into to try things on, the weird mirrors, some salesperson hovering outside, beckoning you to "come out and show us already?" What if I'm already trying to give myself a pep-talk, looking into the mirror, narrowly avoiding an anxiety attack and tears? (That's a whole other issue, and I'm well aware that it's not natural, but I have ALWAYS been this way, as far back as I can remember, about shopping. Damn. I'm working on it.)

My last pair of jeans was purchased in 2007, and now they kinda sorta fit, and are on their last leg (haha!) so I didn't have a choice. It does get cold here, and I had to go sooner rather than later.
I wound up with 2 pairs, 2 stores later, but I wonder if I can pull them off. They are very different from each other: one is a safe pair, the other has more flair than I'm used to. And guess what? My safety jean style doesn't work on my body anymore. Believe me, I tried. Again, damn.

So, fashion world, is there such a category for me? I'm not ready to commit to Mom jeans, even though I am a Mom. At the same time, I'm not in denial, shopping in the junior section, wearing something bedazzled or whatever. I'm not a Mom of 4, driving a mini-van to soccer practice, and I'm not a college co-ed. I'm something else. Where is THAT section in the store? Who makes those clothes?
Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment