...is expensive. Well, relatively cheap, in the long run, but in the here-and-now, it's expensive.
The good news is, I'm probably in the best shape overall of my entire life. Yes! The bad news is, all my pieces of equipment are DOA at the same time.
Running/workout shoes? Time to replace, again. I just did this in January. I guess 4-5x a week is hard on shoes.
Hiking/kayak shoes? Dead dead dead. These are approx. 3 years old, and I shouldn't even be wearing them, but I have been. It's a bad sign when your quad muscle goes numb, due to poor structure and support in your footwear, during hikes.
Swimsuit? My prized TYR suit... the 24 Hour Fitness pool, with its toxic chlorine levels, appears to have done you in sometime during your hibernation period. Nevermind that I haven't worn the suit since I was 5 1/2 months pregnant (circa 2010), and rinsed/wrung it out to dry after every lap swim. It's dead, as evidenced by my attempt to wear it yesterday, and inadvertently giving others a peep show. The liner is intact, but the outer layer is disintegrating. I love that suit. Crud.
New suit? $80. That's a lot of money. Even online, that's a lot of money.
New work out shoes? $85-$120. Ouch ouch ouch.
New hiking shoes? Eh, it depends. Do I want to upgrade, or go with my usual?
All at once. Cha-ching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
The Price of Being Healthy
...is expensive. Well, relatively cheap, in the long run, but in the here-and-now, it's expensive.
The good news is, I'm probably in the best shape overall of my entire life. Yes! The bad news is, all my pieces of equipment are DOA at the same time.
Running/workout shoes? Time to replace, again. I just did this in January. I guess 4-5x a week is hard on shoes.
Hiking/kayak shoes? Dead dead dead. These are approx. 3 years old, and I shouldn't even be wearing them, but I have been. It's a bad sign when your quad muscle goes numb, due to poor structure and support in your footwear, during hikes.
Swimsuit? My prized TYR suit... the 24 Hour Fitness pool, with its toxic chlorine levels, appears to have done you in sometime during your hibernation period. Nevermind that I haven't worn the suit since I was 5 1/2 months pregnant (circa 2010), and rinsed/wrung it out to dry after every lap swim. It's dead, as evidenced by my attempt to wear it yesterday, and inadvertently giving others a peep show. The liner is intact, but the outer layer is disintegrating. I love that suit. Crud.
New suit? $80. That's a lot of money. Even online, that's a lot of money.
New work out shoes? $85-$120. Ouch ouch ouch.
New hiking shoes? Eh, it depends. Do I want to upgrade, or go with my usual?
All at once. Cha-ching!
The good news is, I'm probably in the best shape overall of my entire life. Yes! The bad news is, all my pieces of equipment are DOA at the same time.
Running/workout shoes? Time to replace, again. I just did this in January. I guess 4-5x a week is hard on shoes.
Hiking/kayak shoes? Dead dead dead. These are approx. 3 years old, and I shouldn't even be wearing them, but I have been. It's a bad sign when your quad muscle goes numb, due to poor structure and support in your footwear, during hikes.
Swimsuit? My prized TYR suit... the 24 Hour Fitness pool, with its toxic chlorine levels, appears to have done you in sometime during your hibernation period. Nevermind that I haven't worn the suit since I was 5 1/2 months pregnant (circa 2010), and rinsed/wrung it out to dry after every lap swim. It's dead, as evidenced by my attempt to wear it yesterday, and inadvertently giving others a peep show. The liner is intact, but the outer layer is disintegrating. I love that suit. Crud.
New suit? $80. That's a lot of money. Even online, that's a lot of money.
New work out shoes? $85-$120. Ouch ouch ouch.
New hiking shoes? Eh, it depends. Do I want to upgrade, or go with my usual?
All at once. Cha-ching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment