In the quiet heat of the day, I am cleaning up a little bit, and letting my mind drift away to paint color choices for our home. Our home. I get to choose colors, and paint them on the walls. In my house.
Such a weird thing to say! I'm leaning towards the idea of "Italian Farmhouse" as a general concept: nothing that's matchy matchy, or found in Pier 1. No thanks, it's not really my thing - not in my house.
Just simplicity. Colors. Bold colors. Pictures of places that I've traveled, hanging on the walls. Pictures of my family, my sweet baby. In my house.
Eventually, a vegetable garden. A chicken or two. Fresh herbs in my side yard. Terracotta tiles in my kitchen and living room. Fireworks during the summer, over the lake. Hiking trails, 2 blocks away. Walking Bean to school everyday.
We close on the 6th of June. We close on my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, May 21, 2012
It's a very fine one, at that.
In the quiet heat of the day, I am cleaning up a little bit, and letting my mind drift away to paint color choices for our home. Our home. I get to choose colors, and paint them on the walls. In my house.
Such a weird thing to say! I'm leaning towards the idea of "Italian Farmhouse" as a general concept: nothing that's matchy matchy, or found in Pier 1. No thanks, it's not really my thing - not in my house.
Just simplicity. Colors. Bold colors. Pictures of places that I've traveled, hanging on the walls. Pictures of my family, my sweet baby. In my house.
Eventually, a vegetable garden. A chicken or two. Fresh herbs in my side yard. Terracotta tiles in my kitchen and living room. Fireworks during the summer, over the lake. Hiking trails, 2 blocks away. Walking Bean to school everyday.
We close on the 6th of June. We close on my house.
Such a weird thing to say! I'm leaning towards the idea of "Italian Farmhouse" as a general concept: nothing that's matchy matchy, or found in Pier 1. No thanks, it's not really my thing - not in my house.
Just simplicity. Colors. Bold colors. Pictures of places that I've traveled, hanging on the walls. Pictures of my family, my sweet baby. In my house.
Eventually, a vegetable garden. A chicken or two. Fresh herbs in my side yard. Terracotta tiles in my kitchen and living room. Fireworks during the summer, over the lake. Hiking trails, 2 blocks away. Walking Bean to school everyday.
We close on the 6th of June. We close on my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment