24 hours later (14 1/2 on Pitocin for PROM, without any pain management), my sweet Bean has arrived!
8lbs, 9 oz. Absolutely beautiful! It's been almost a week since his birth (where is the time going?!) and we are just now starting to figure each other out. My son has an incredibly steep learning curve (I'm sure most babies do), and every time Paul and I have an "aha!" moment, it feels like climbing Everest and saying "Suck it, Everest! I win! I will not die!"
In just 6 days, we have discovered:
-his cues for eating/being hungry
-his cues for pooping/gas pain (another post SOLELY on gas to follow)
-his love for the Beatles
-our love for him
-my husband's silly side, complete with songs and laughter (this is one part that I treasure so much)
-the difficulties and joys of learning how to breastfeed, together
-new levels of sleep deprivation, and how despite it all, my husband and I are very much a team
As my new son sleeps on my folded up legs while I type this, I can't say much more other than I have never loved someone so much who demanded everything of me and couldn't even smile as a thank you. I am terrified of time passing quickly, and knowing that one day he won't want to talk to/hang out with his "lame old Mom." Please don't grow too big too fast, baby Bean...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Arrival of My Sprout
24 hours later (14 1/2 on Pitocin for PROM, without any pain management), my sweet Bean has arrived!
8lbs, 9 oz. Absolutely beautiful! It's been almost a week since his birth (where is the time going?!) and we are just now starting to figure each other out. My son has an incredibly steep learning curve (I'm sure most babies do), and every time Paul and I have an "aha!" moment, it feels like climbing Everest and saying "Suck it, Everest! I win! I will not die!"
In just 6 days, we have discovered:
-his cues for eating/being hungry
-his cues for pooping/gas pain (another post SOLELY on gas to follow)
-his love for the Beatles
-our love for him
-my husband's silly side, complete with songs and laughter (this is one part that I treasure so much)
-the difficulties and joys of learning how to breastfeed, together
-new levels of sleep deprivation, and how despite it all, my husband and I are very much a team
As my new son sleeps on my folded up legs while I type this, I can't say much more other than I have never loved someone so much who demanded everything of me and couldn't even smile as a thank you. I am terrified of time passing quickly, and knowing that one day he won't want to talk to/hang out with his "lame old Mom." Please don't grow too big too fast, baby Bean...
8lbs, 9 oz. Absolutely beautiful! It's been almost a week since his birth (where is the time going?!) and we are just now starting to figure each other out. My son has an incredibly steep learning curve (I'm sure most babies do), and every time Paul and I have an "aha!" moment, it feels like climbing Everest and saying "Suck it, Everest! I win! I will not die!"
In just 6 days, we have discovered:
-his cues for eating/being hungry
-his cues for pooping/gas pain (another post SOLELY on gas to follow)
-his love for the Beatles
-our love for him
-my husband's silly side, complete with songs and laughter (this is one part that I treasure so much)
-the difficulties and joys of learning how to breastfeed, together
-new levels of sleep deprivation, and how despite it all, my husband and I are very much a team
As my new son sleeps on my folded up legs while I type this, I can't say much more other than I have never loved someone so much who demanded everything of me and couldn't even smile as a thank you. I am terrified of time passing quickly, and knowing that one day he won't want to talk to/hang out with his "lame old Mom." Please don't grow too big too fast, baby Bean...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment