Today, I got emotional when thinking about my inability to protect my son from life. It was so much easier to keep him safe, warm, and well-nourished when he was in-utero. I think about all the things that could affect him, now that he's here, and it is just absolutely terrifying. Germs, drugs, bad food, too much of something, too little of something... I wish I was kidding. I feel years of my life starting to disappear from stress and worry over his life and future, and he's not even two weeks old. It makes me think about God's relationship to us, and how he calls us his children. The thought that my child may one day make bad choices or get hurt breaks my heart - I feel more connected to God in this way than I was before. I ask God on a daily basis to intercede on my son's behalf and guide him/keep him safe. (Not to mention the ways in which both Paul and myself ask for guidance and strength to raise our son in such a way that God is both pleased and glorified).
In other news, Bean is:
-hold his head up more/swiveling it around (aren't they not supposed to be able to do that?!)
-enjoying longer "waking periods"
-experiencing cognitive therapy, monochromatic patterns, singing. and physical stimualtion
-sleeping well (!) and generally being a cuddle bug
-an absolute joy, super precious, and the love of our lives
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, April 16, 2011
The Brink (of Two Weeks Old)
Today, I got emotional when thinking about my inability to protect my son from life. It was so much easier to keep him safe, warm, and well-nourished when he was in-utero. I think about all the things that could affect him, now that he's here, and it is just absolutely terrifying. Germs, drugs, bad food, too much of something, too little of something... I wish I was kidding. I feel years of my life starting to disappear from stress and worry over his life and future, and he's not even two weeks old. It makes me think about God's relationship to us, and how he calls us his children. The thought that my child may one day make bad choices or get hurt breaks my heart - I feel more connected to God in this way than I was before. I ask God on a daily basis to intercede on my son's behalf and guide him/keep him safe. (Not to mention the ways in which both Paul and myself ask for guidance and strength to raise our son in such a way that God is both pleased and glorified).
In other news, Bean is:
-hold his head up more/swiveling it around (aren't they not supposed to be able to do that?!)
-enjoying longer "waking periods"
-experiencing cognitive therapy, monochromatic patterns, singing. and physical stimualtion
-sleeping well (!) and generally being a cuddle bug
-an absolute joy, super precious, and the love of our lives
In other news, Bean is:
-hold his head up more/swiveling it around (aren't they not supposed to be able to do that?!)
-enjoying longer "waking periods"
-experiencing cognitive therapy, monochromatic patterns, singing. and physical stimualtion
-sleeping well (!) and generally being a cuddle bug
-an absolute joy, super precious, and the love of our lives
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment