Friday, January 6, 2012

Friendship

I have a friend who is suffering from PPD.
I have 2 other friends who are having a hard time with breastfeeding.

I have been on the phone multiple times today, for these 3 people, for different reasons, and people kept affirming me.
"You're a good friend."
I didn't think of it that way, I just wanted to do what I wish someone had done for me when I was a new mom (and probably depressed). It is my wish that as a society, we will continue to make strides towards having inexpensive, quality resources and education available to women regarding their bodies and their children. If this does not happen, we cannot even pretend to call ourselves "first world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friendship

I have a friend who is suffering from PPD.
I have 2 other friends who are having a hard time with breastfeeding.

I have been on the phone multiple times today, for these 3 people, for different reasons, and people kept affirming me.
"You're a good friend."
I didn't think of it that way, I just wanted to do what I wish someone had done for me when I was a new mom (and probably depressed). It is my wish that as a society, we will continue to make strides towards having inexpensive, quality resources and education available to women regarding their bodies and their children. If this does not happen, we cannot even pretend to call ourselves "first world."

No comments:

Post a Comment