As usual, I find myself playing catch-up after the holidays.
We had such a great Christmas - the baby received more presents than anyone else, and Glamma stayed for a few extra days to help with tasks around the house. Paul and I are now the proud owners of a tv sideboard unit, and no longer have our television balancing dangerously on a small table (complete with a tangle of cords). They tell me cords are "baby death," and I'd rather not test the theory to find out.
Bean now has 5 (!) teeth, and can crawl with the efficacy of a very fast sea turtle. This week is his first doctor appointment, since his 2 month old check up, and we're very excited to see how he is progressing.
He can clap and pat on demand, and babbles constantly - there have been a few times where I thought I heard "Mommy" or "Appah" or "light," but I'm pretty convinced it's just wishful thinking at the moment.
Some zingers from Paul, recently:
"If you're pregnant, we're naming the baby Sequoia." (He just won't let this die).
"I'm turning up my hearing aid now." *eeeeeeeee*
"They sure have a lot of white guys on that team."
"It was a huge, Brazilian blow-out deuce."
Yesterday, we concluded our first day of the new year with a long walk on local trails: Bean fell asleep, and it was so nice to be outside in the crisp air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, January 2, 2012
Happy New Year
As usual, I find myself playing catch-up after the holidays.
We had such a great Christmas - the baby received more presents than anyone else, and Glamma stayed for a few extra days to help with tasks around the house. Paul and I are now the proud owners of a tv sideboard unit, and no longer have our television balancing dangerously on a small table (complete with a tangle of cords). They tell me cords are "baby death," and I'd rather not test the theory to find out.
Bean now has 5 (!) teeth, and can crawl with the efficacy of a very fast sea turtle. This week is his first doctor appointment, since his 2 month old check up, and we're very excited to see how he is progressing.
He can clap and pat on demand, and babbles constantly - there have been a few times where I thought I heard "Mommy" or "Appah" or "light," but I'm pretty convinced it's just wishful thinking at the moment.
Some zingers from Paul, recently:
"If you're pregnant, we're naming the baby Sequoia." (He just won't let this die).
"I'm turning up my hearing aid now." *eeeeeeeee*
"They sure have a lot of white guys on that team."
"It was a huge, Brazilian blow-out deuce."
Yesterday, we concluded our first day of the new year with a long walk on local trails: Bean fell asleep, and it was so nice to be outside in the crisp air.
We had such a great Christmas - the baby received more presents than anyone else, and Glamma stayed for a few extra days to help with tasks around the house. Paul and I are now the proud owners of a tv sideboard unit, and no longer have our television balancing dangerously on a small table (complete with a tangle of cords). They tell me cords are "baby death," and I'd rather not test the theory to find out.
Bean now has 5 (!) teeth, and can crawl with the efficacy of a very fast sea turtle. This week is his first doctor appointment, since his 2 month old check up, and we're very excited to see how he is progressing.
He can clap and pat on demand, and babbles constantly - there have been a few times where I thought I heard "Mommy" or "Appah" or "light," but I'm pretty convinced it's just wishful thinking at the moment.
Some zingers from Paul, recently:
"If you're pregnant, we're naming the baby Sequoia." (He just won't let this die).
"I'm turning up my hearing aid now." *eeeeeeeee*
"They sure have a lot of white guys on that team."
"It was a huge, Brazilian blow-out deuce."
Yesterday, we concluded our first day of the new year with a long walk on local trails: Bean fell asleep, and it was so nice to be outside in the crisp air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment