Many things are going to happen this week. I'm planning on packing our hospital bag in advance - my things, Paul's things, Bean's things. I'm determined to not overplan/overpack, so I talked to my Mom and then YouTubed the heck out of this subject. I think I've got it down to the essentials, so I'm feeling confident in that. I have an exam in Anatomy tomorrow (when do I NOT have an exam in that class?) and our group project is due Wednesday (my part is finished, as of today, thank goodness). I'll be 38 weeks this week, and will be considered full-term in my pregnancy. Where did the time go?!
The weather forecast has predicted rain all week, which normally is great. I love the rain! I love the overcast skies, I like the sound of thunder (a rarity out here), I sleep well due to the noise the rain makes on the windows. The problem is, the city is not equipped to deal with large amounts of water at all - things back up and flood, the roads fall apart and leave hidden potholes in puddles, people drive less than 50 miles per hour and then make erratic driving maneuvers like they normally would. Lots of accidents, lots of traffic, lots of "new waterfront property." The new car is great for handling the elements, and I'm so grateful we decided to purchase it sooner rather than later. Even still, if Bean comes early, we may be floating our way down to the hospital instead of driving. Oh well, at least I'll have a packed bag and all-wheel drive... That makes for an acceptable parent, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, March 20, 2011
A Float to the Finish
Many things are going to happen this week. I'm planning on packing our hospital bag in advance - my things, Paul's things, Bean's things. I'm determined to not overplan/overpack, so I talked to my Mom and then YouTubed the heck out of this subject. I think I've got it down to the essentials, so I'm feeling confident in that. I have an exam in Anatomy tomorrow (when do I NOT have an exam in that class?) and our group project is due Wednesday (my part is finished, as of today, thank goodness). I'll be 38 weeks this week, and will be considered full-term in my pregnancy. Where did the time go?!
The weather forecast has predicted rain all week, which normally is great. I love the rain! I love the overcast skies, I like the sound of thunder (a rarity out here), I sleep well due to the noise the rain makes on the windows. The problem is, the city is not equipped to deal with large amounts of water at all - things back up and flood, the roads fall apart and leave hidden potholes in puddles, people drive less than 50 miles per hour and then make erratic driving maneuvers like they normally would. Lots of accidents, lots of traffic, lots of "new waterfront property." The new car is great for handling the elements, and I'm so grateful we decided to purchase it sooner rather than later. Even still, if Bean comes early, we may be floating our way down to the hospital instead of driving. Oh well, at least I'll have a packed bag and all-wheel drive... That makes for an acceptable parent, right?
The weather forecast has predicted rain all week, which normally is great. I love the rain! I love the overcast skies, I like the sound of thunder (a rarity out here), I sleep well due to the noise the rain makes on the windows. The problem is, the city is not equipped to deal with large amounts of water at all - things back up and flood, the roads fall apart and leave hidden potholes in puddles, people drive less than 50 miles per hour and then make erratic driving maneuvers like they normally would. Lots of accidents, lots of traffic, lots of "new waterfront property." The new car is great for handling the elements, and I'm so grateful we decided to purchase it sooner rather than later. Even still, if Bean comes early, we may be floating our way down to the hospital instead of driving. Oh well, at least I'll have a packed bag and all-wheel drive... That makes for an acceptable parent, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment