Monday, March 28, 2011

Meditation Breathing

Despite all the insanity that is currently swirling around in my life (three new things since last Sunday), I will choose to focus on the fact that my son is coming soon.
I will choose to get excited, think of it as a good thing, relax about all the small insignificant things that I cannot possibly control, and relish this time.
I will hug my husband. I will affirm him that he is a good father and a great man. I will laugh about how big my belly has become, and how amazing it is that my body could do this thing that so many others wish and long for. I will thank God for a very smooth pregnancy.
I will thank God for a great support system on both sides, and wonderful friends who love Bean more than he could possibly know already.
I will play with the dogs, go on long walks, finish my homework, and cook dinner with my spouse.
I will not be afraid of this new role in my life. I will accept it as part of my identity, but not let it completely define me. I will continue to be me, as I have been since I was born and will be until I die.
My son will have a name, and it will be a good name that fits him. It is okay that he does not have one yet, because he is not here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, March 28, 2011

Meditation Breathing

Despite all the insanity that is currently swirling around in my life (three new things since last Sunday), I will choose to focus on the fact that my son is coming soon.
I will choose to get excited, think of it as a good thing, relax about all the small insignificant things that I cannot possibly control, and relish this time.
I will hug my husband. I will affirm him that he is a good father and a great man. I will laugh about how big my belly has become, and how amazing it is that my body could do this thing that so many others wish and long for. I will thank God for a very smooth pregnancy.
I will thank God for a great support system on both sides, and wonderful friends who love Bean more than he could possibly know already.
I will play with the dogs, go on long walks, finish my homework, and cook dinner with my spouse.
I will not be afraid of this new role in my life. I will accept it as part of my identity, but not let it completely define me. I will continue to be me, as I have been since I was born and will be until I die.
My son will have a name, and it will be a good name that fits him. It is okay that he does not have one yet, because he is not here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment