Friday, March 11, 2011

My Version of the Swagger Wagon

During pregnancy, people approach you and ask all kinds of questions about your ideas on food ("That's decaf, right?") thoughts on breastfeeding ("You aren't going to give your child FORMULA... are you?") labor and delivery ("Good luck with that whole "natural birth" thing - when I had my kid, I tore from here to there and back again.") and a whole host of other things you will inevitably do wrong and mess up according to them. One subject that I didn't expect to defend, however, was our "dream choice" for the family vehicle.
I drove a 2007 Honda Civic sedan (which I loved!) and he still drives his brother's car (2 door sports car, late-1990's model, completely inefficient at both gas consumption and cabin space). We primarily used my car for travel, hiking purposes, and everything else under the sun (which is why my car became the "dog mobile/stink factory" and his can only be labeled "inefficient"). Staring down a multi-state move and the impending due date of our family's expansion/decent into car travel chaos, we had to make a choice sooner rather than later. It just happens that we wound up with the vehicle of our choice at a sweet, sweet deal -- I couldn't believe our luck!
Since we decided against an SUV (too much gas!) and somehow convinced ourselves we were too cool for a mini-van, we purchased a cross-over vehicle that has AWD, a space for us/Bean/the dogs, and room to shove cargo on the top. It.is.awesome. Amazing gas mileage? Check. Smooth handing? Check. Our egos inflated to capacity as we blissfully navigate the hell that is our local traffic in quiet comfort and luxury? BOOYAH!
People have teased us/told us we will change our minds, but you'd have to pry my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel for that to happen. You can keep your swagger wagon - to each their own, and this is mine.
(Look at that side profile. Bow chicka bow wow!)     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Version of the Swagger Wagon

During pregnancy, people approach you and ask all kinds of questions about your ideas on food ("That's decaf, right?") thoughts on breastfeeding ("You aren't going to give your child FORMULA... are you?") labor and delivery ("Good luck with that whole "natural birth" thing - when I had my kid, I tore from here to there and back again.") and a whole host of other things you will inevitably do wrong and mess up according to them. One subject that I didn't expect to defend, however, was our "dream choice" for the family vehicle.
I drove a 2007 Honda Civic sedan (which I loved!) and he still drives his brother's car (2 door sports car, late-1990's model, completely inefficient at both gas consumption and cabin space). We primarily used my car for travel, hiking purposes, and everything else under the sun (which is why my car became the "dog mobile/stink factory" and his can only be labeled "inefficient"). Staring down a multi-state move and the impending due date of our family's expansion/decent into car travel chaos, we had to make a choice sooner rather than later. It just happens that we wound up with the vehicle of our choice at a sweet, sweet deal -- I couldn't believe our luck!
Since we decided against an SUV (too much gas!) and somehow convinced ourselves we were too cool for a mini-van, we purchased a cross-over vehicle that has AWD, a space for us/Bean/the dogs, and room to shove cargo on the top. It.is.awesome. Amazing gas mileage? Check. Smooth handing? Check. Our egos inflated to capacity as we blissfully navigate the hell that is our local traffic in quiet comfort and luxury? BOOYAH!
People have teased us/told us we will change our minds, but you'd have to pry my cold dead fingers off the steering wheel for that to happen. You can keep your swagger wagon - to each their own, and this is mine.
(Look at that side profile. Bow chicka bow wow!)     

No comments:

Post a Comment