Yesterday, our lunch could have been quite a fiasco. Paul was eating, and had his throat close up: I almost took him to the hospital, and he told the waitstaff to call 911. Thankfully, everything resolved itself quickly (acid reaction/response to the trachea: aspiration). While we were counting ourselves lucky and about to leave, I did this --->
Two things: first, my super-paranoid fear of falling while hugely pregnant was realized. Second, my other paranoid-but-more-secretive fear of falling and ripping/tearing my ankle that I had invasive and reconstructive surgery on JUST LAST MARCH was also realized.
Before you freak out, there's a silver lining - I caught myself, on hands and knees. No part of my belly or abdomen even came close to the ground. And it was not a soft landing - it hurt so badly. Terracotta tiling = ouch. I did tweak said ankle though, and my right knee is scraped/burned looking. (Now I waddle and limp while walking). The good news is, as I realized two of my fears in one moment, I came out on top. I almost cried because I was so afraid (not to mention my knee and ankle hurt). I rolled over to my rear end and just sat there, slightly hyperventilating, trying to access how bad things actually were, versus how bad they REALLY were. Oh, and I prayed a lot too.
Paul has decided that I'm just a "faller" - one of those people that falls a lot. He says he loves me anyway. Thanks, babe -- I love you, even though you're a "choker."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
I'm So Graceful
Yesterday, our lunch could have been quite a fiasco. Paul was eating, and had his throat close up: I almost took him to the hospital, and he told the waitstaff to call 911. Thankfully, everything resolved itself quickly (acid reaction/response to the trachea: aspiration). While we were counting ourselves lucky and about to leave, I did this --->
Two things: first, my super-paranoid fear of falling while hugely pregnant was realized. Second, my other paranoid-but-more-secretive fear of falling and ripping/tearing my ankle that I had invasive and reconstructive surgery on JUST LAST MARCH was also realized.
Before you freak out, there's a silver lining - I caught myself, on hands and knees. No part of my belly or abdomen even came close to the ground. And it was not a soft landing - it hurt so badly. Terracotta tiling = ouch. I did tweak said ankle though, and my right knee is scraped/burned looking. (Now I waddle and limp while walking). The good news is, as I realized two of my fears in one moment, I came out on top. I almost cried because I was so afraid (not to mention my knee and ankle hurt). I rolled over to my rear end and just sat there, slightly hyperventilating, trying to access how bad things actually were, versus how bad they REALLY were. Oh, and I prayed a lot too.
Paul has decided that I'm just a "faller" - one of those people that falls a lot. He says he loves me anyway. Thanks, babe -- I love you, even though you're a "choker."
Two things: first, my super-paranoid fear of falling while hugely pregnant was realized. Second, my other paranoid-but-more-secretive fear of falling and ripping/tearing my ankle that I had invasive and reconstructive surgery on JUST LAST MARCH was also realized.
Before you freak out, there's a silver lining - I caught myself, on hands and knees. No part of my belly or abdomen even came close to the ground. And it was not a soft landing - it hurt so badly. Terracotta tiling = ouch. I did tweak said ankle though, and my right knee is scraped/burned looking. (Now I waddle and limp while walking). The good news is, as I realized two of my fears in one moment, I came out on top. I almost cried because I was so afraid (not to mention my knee and ankle hurt). I rolled over to my rear end and just sat there, slightly hyperventilating, trying to access how bad things actually were, versus how bad they REALLY were. Oh, and I prayed a lot too.
Paul has decided that I'm just a "faller" - one of those people that falls a lot. He says he loves me anyway. Thanks, babe -- I love you, even though you're a "choker."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment