Full blown nesting today. Well, it actually started last night: prepping my cloth diaper stash! I can't explain how satisfying and nerdy it makes me feel to wash... diapers. For a little person. I hold one and think, "This will fit my son. My son. My kid, who could be here sooner rather than later." This evokes two different responses, depending on mood - a) happy crying, or b) freaking out that there's still so much to do and that I haven't even started yet. Last night, it was happy crying. This morning, it's scenario b. I opened up everything that was 0-3 months and 3-6 months, and am now washing it all. (I kept the newborn sizes with tags on, because I just can't fathom that my child will be that small. I'm not that "lucky.") I feel slight satisfaction, knowing that I'm at least doing something to prepare. Which brings me to my second part of this laundry post: super cool laundry detergent.
As I descend further and further down the "crunchy mama" rabbit hole, my research on cloth diapers and the environment has led me to switch detergents. After reading too much information (and then agonizing about what choice was "the right choice"), I've switched to Allen's Naturally. Gray water safe, no perfumes, dyes, surfactants, enzymes, brighteners, etc. Basically the most hypo-allergenic, money-saving, tree-saving thing I could find. (One gallon = a YEAR of laundry! Hooray!) Considering that laundry will now become our existence (baby = poop, pee, spit up = mess), I figured we needed to find something that would last, save the world (crunch crunch crunch), and fit our budget. Let me tell you guys: this stuff delivers. *squeal!*
Ironically enough, the dryer just chimed... a man's laundry is calling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, March 4, 2011
A "Man's" Laundry
Full blown nesting today. Well, it actually started last night: prepping my cloth diaper stash! I can't explain how satisfying and nerdy it makes me feel to wash... diapers. For a little person. I hold one and think, "This will fit my son. My son. My kid, who could be here sooner rather than later." This evokes two different responses, depending on mood - a) happy crying, or b) freaking out that there's still so much to do and that I haven't even started yet. Last night, it was happy crying. This morning, it's scenario b. I opened up everything that was 0-3 months and 3-6 months, and am now washing it all. (I kept the newborn sizes with tags on, because I just can't fathom that my child will be that small. I'm not that "lucky.") I feel slight satisfaction, knowing that I'm at least doing something to prepare. Which brings me to my second part of this laundry post: super cool laundry detergent.
As I descend further and further down the "crunchy mama" rabbit hole, my research on cloth diapers and the environment has led me to switch detergents. After reading too much information (and then agonizing about what choice was "the right choice"), I've switched to Allen's Naturally. Gray water safe, no perfumes, dyes, surfactants, enzymes, brighteners, etc. Basically the most hypo-allergenic, money-saving, tree-saving thing I could find. (One gallon = a YEAR of laundry! Hooray!) Considering that laundry will now become our existence (baby = poop, pee, spit up = mess), I figured we needed to find something that would last, save the world (crunch crunch crunch), and fit our budget. Let me tell you guys: this stuff delivers. *squeal!*
Ironically enough, the dryer just chimed... a man's laundry is calling.
As I descend further and further down the "crunchy mama" rabbit hole, my research on cloth diapers and the environment has led me to switch detergents. After reading too much information (and then agonizing about what choice was "the right choice"), I've switched to Allen's Naturally. Gray water safe, no perfumes, dyes, surfactants, enzymes, brighteners, etc. Basically the most hypo-allergenic, money-saving, tree-saving thing I could find. (One gallon = a YEAR of laundry! Hooray!) Considering that laundry will now become our existence (baby = poop, pee, spit up = mess), I figured we needed to find something that would last, save the world (crunch crunch crunch), and fit our budget. Let me tell you guys: this stuff delivers. *squeal!*
Ironically enough, the dryer just chimed... a man's laundry is calling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment