Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And They Call It "Children's Programming"

As a mom of an (almost) 6 month old, we aren't really at that milestone where I park my son in front of the TV to get some ever-loving peace allow my child to watch television yet. However, today I was flipping through the channels, and I spotted Nick Jr. - a channel for little children with little children's programming. Imagine my humored reaction when I saw this:
The show is called "Peppa Pig." Peppa, I'm onto you...
They are apparently British and have British accents. Okay, no big deal. But, you guys -- I'm sorry, these characters look like nothing more than bright pink phalli to me.
That is not a pig's face, that is a phallus. A talking phallus. For my child.
My new, more accurate name suggestion: The Talking British Penis Show.

1 comment:

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And They Call It "Children's Programming"

As a mom of an (almost) 6 month old, we aren't really at that milestone where I park my son in front of the TV to get some ever-loving peace allow my child to watch television yet. However, today I was flipping through the channels, and I spotted Nick Jr. - a channel for little children with little children's programming. Imagine my humored reaction when I saw this:
The show is called "Peppa Pig." Peppa, I'm onto you...
They are apparently British and have British accents. Okay, no big deal. But, you guys -- I'm sorry, these characters look like nothing more than bright pink phalli to me.
That is not a pig's face, that is a phallus. A talking phallus. For my child.
My new, more accurate name suggestion: The Talking British Penis Show.

1 comment: